Thursday, 26 June 2014

Best room in the House....

My studio !

One of the requirements when we moved into the new house was that I was allowed the small bedroom as my studio / craft room. A place where I could go a draw, write letters, store my craft supplies and put up all my inspiration and stuff I've been sent over the months !

Matt caved in in the end under the condition that nothing gets taken down stairs cause then he'll turn the room into something else ! I made the promise and because it was the smallest and easiest room to start with operation decorate started ! 

This is what the room looked like before we touched it ! It was originally a boys bedroom.

Hidious I know ! And it looks tiny which it isn't ! We got in there and stripped everything out.



















I was unsure about how I wanted it to be laid out and what I wanted in there but matt decided to use a draw set the previous owner had left in the other bedroom and use it as a base for my unit to sit ontop of and then attach it to a single wardrobe that was also left so I had plenty of storage space !

When I was looking at paint in B&Q I was adamant I wanted a teal or turquoise colour with white. We picked out this beautiful colour ! The picture really doesn't do it much justice ! 



















Once all the painting on the walls was finished we decided to tackle the floor ! I thought it would be a bad idea to carpet it as I'm so messy...... Finally we agreed on leaving it with the original wood panels and just paint over them....the final product was a shock ! I loved how it looked with the diamond pattern, something matt had seen on google and thought would be a good thing go try !



















After the floor was finished and dry it was time for me to officially move in !!! Eeek ! I was sooo eager to get everything in there and arranged ! I set out my desk, put all my stuff in my draws, added my bookcase and plastic box and then my other odd bits !

This is what it looked like after me first putting everything in there...



















It was very plain and simple and rather tidy for my liking. I was still waiting on my shelf and rail to be put up which finally got done this week ! And now here is how my desk looks !



















That's definitely more like it ! I adore my room and get withdrawals when I'm not in there. It's my safe haven and my creative space and I can't thank my beautiful boy enough for doing it for me and letting me have it in the first place.

I still need to put up all my art work and postcards and other bits I have I just need to find a way to put it up maybe I'll have a look on Pinterest for some inspiration and any thoughts please feel free to comment !

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, can I just say that I am SO JEALOUS of your little craft studio?! I LOVE IT!!! My craft area is just a section of the wall in my living room--boo! I adore that beautiful teal/blue color and Matt was right about painting the wood floors, lol! The floor is seriously the coolest part of the craft area, very fresh and modern, vibrant, creative...love it all! <3

    Ambelleina on S-B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing renovation! The floor is fabulous! How is it holding up to being walked on? Having a dedicated craft space is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its holding up fine when it been walked on....when my chair wheel's are rolling over it in certain sections not so much but it's kinda adding to the floor a little if you understand that lol it's giving it more character and it was what we was going for in a shabby chic kinda way.

      Delete